Educators with the Knoxville Community School District continue to meet to prepare state-mandated “Return to Learn” plans.
Districts must submit, by July 1, three plans to address the possibility of another long-term building closure of schools. One is expected to include a full online learning plan, one that includes a mixture of online and in-classroom learning and another with in-class learning.
Business Manager Craig Mobley reports that staff has spent a great deal of time reviewing potential scenarios and other factors that may play into the district’s ability to deliver lessons in the 2020-21 school year and beyond. Mobley said it will be a “fluid” document that will constantly be revisited and adjusted to meet needs.
Other school board notes:
– Approved a contract modification for Michael Splavec from assistant varsity girls’ track coach to head varsity girls’ track coach effective for the 2020-2021 school year.
– Approved a contract for Derek Fox, third grade teacher at Northstar, effective for the 2020-2021 school year.
– Approved the Central College Student Teaching agreement as proposed.
– Approved the Iowa State University Student Teaching agreement as proposed.
– Approved the William Penn University Student Teaching agreement as proposed.
– Approved the Upper Iowa University Student Teaching agreement as proposed.
– Director Larissa Van Donselaar made a motion to accept the quote for diesel fuel purchase for the 2020-2021 school year from Agriland FS, seconded by Smith. Motion carried unanimously.
– Van Donselaar made a motion to set the July regular board meeting for July 13, 2020, at 5:30 p.m. at 309 West Main, Knoxville, IA 50138, seconded by Gerdes. Motion carried unanimously.