As of the May 26 Pella School Board meeting, high school graduation is set for June 19 at 6 p.m. for an outdoor ceremony in the football stadium. That could change if there are factors such as COVID-19 that cause the district to make such alterations. The alternative plan is to hold a “drive-through” graduation in the high school parking lot.
In other board action, the resolution in support of the City of Pella’s television station was approved, as was the district’s continued participation in the Instructional Support Levy.
Contracts were approved for the following employees:
– Shelby Casner – ME Grade 3 Teacher
– Alyssa Davis- JI Grade 4 Teacher
– Kelly Touchie – 8th Grade Girls’ Assistant Basketball, pending certification
– Mary Faulkner – 7th Grade Girls’ Basketball, pending certification
– Madison Parks – Assistant Softball Coach
– Laura Nicholson – Assistant Volleyball Coach
– Haley Dammann (Brillhart) – Assistant Volleyball Coach, pending certification
– Brian Huddle – Volunteer Football Coach, pending certification
– Randy Wilson – From 7th Grade Girls’ Assistant to 7th Grade Boys’ Head Basketball