(from Marion County JIC)
Updates from Marion County, as of 11 a.m. March 30:
– 3/30/20 The Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) has been notified of 88 additional positive cases of Iowans with COVID-19, for a total of 424 positive cases, including four deaths. There have been no reported cases in Marion County.
Since 03-13-2020 Marion County has had 38 tests that were negative.
– 3/29/20 President Trump said on Sunday that federal guidelines urging Americans to social distance to slow the spread of the coronavirus will remain in place for another month and could last until June; Trump said the guidelines will continue to ask Americans to socially distance until April 30.
– Focuses on manufacturers and their supply chain: Mike O’Donnell, Program Director at Iowa State University Center for Industrial Research and Service (CIRAS), will conduct a webinar on how CIRAS can assist manufacturing firms with supply chain disruptions and other challenges caused by COVID-19. Join us to learn what resources are available and how CIRAS could help you.
This is an open webinar and there is no need to register. To join this webinar please either use the link provided https://zoom.us/j/2716190371 or dial in using your phone 1-312-626-6799 and then type in the meeting ID: 2716190371# US (Chicago).
Please note that anyone calling in on their phones won’t be able to ask questions. We encourage you to join via Zoom so you can ask questions. If you are only able to join via phone, please email your questions in advance to David Maahs at dmaahs@DSMpartnership.com.
Summary of Bipartisan Agreement on “CARES” Act: Released Wednesday, March 25, 2020 https://www.marioncountyiowa.com/covid-19-news/cares-act
– The Marion County Board of Supervisors and guests will hold a press conference Tuesday, March 31, at 1 p.m. to update residents regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. Tune into local radio or watch the live feed by following this link.
– Gov. Reynolds will hold a press conference today at 2:30 p.m. The press conference will be livestreamed and posted in full on https://www.facebook.com/IAGovernor/
This story has been modified since its original post.