The Knoxville Community School District will soon contact families to ask if they would like to be included in the sack lunch program that will begin Monday, March 23.
All children in the district under the age of 18 are eligible to receive the meals. Questions to be asked of families include:
1. Will they be participating in the Free Meals Program?
2. How many children will be getting meals?
3. Which days would they like meals?
4. Are they able to get to the high school between 11:30 – 12:30 to pick up the meals? If not, please provide their phone number/address if they would like us to try and make other arrangements.
5. Do they have Internet at home?
The sack lunches will include breakfast and lunch and will be distributed at the Knoxville High School student parking lot between 11:30-12:30 Monday through Friday beginning March 23. To enter one of four lanes that staff will utilize to distribute the meals, one should enter the lot from the northbound lane of Willetts Drive. Each vehicle will be assigned a lane and will be asked to exit left onto Madison Street.
If further details regarding the meal program become available, the Tribune and Knoxville Today will share them.